Specification by Example
Specification by Example (SBE) is an emerging practice for creating software based on collaboratively defined requirements determined through realistic, rather than abstract, examples. This one-day training taught in Dutch or English helps teams improve collaboration, increase clarity of requirements and ensure mutual understanding in all phases of the software development process.
Audience Profile: Specification by Example Training
Specification by Example is a team practice. For best results, attend this training as a team.
You will benefit from this training if your role is:
- Agile tester, business analyst, product owner, developer or Scrum master
Achievements Upon Completion
- the principles of Specification by Example and how to practice them
- why collaborative Specification workshops are key
- how to practice and facilitate these workshops
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- break user stories down into realistic examples
- use examples for living documentation and test automation
- provide executable views of product capabilities using examples
- practice and organize Specification by Example
- easy accessibility for stakeholders
- maintenance and conservation; future-proof your specifications
- executing fast and robust specifications from a testing perspective
You will have the skills to:
- get the right details and context
- find the 'right' way to express your requirements
- write requirements in a clear, unambiguous, ubiquitous language
- the right level of detail.
If you have limited knowledge or experience with Agile or Scrum, please contact us in advance for suggestions on how to prepare.
We also offer customized, in-company training to provide Xebia’s immersive learning curriculum on-site at your business location.
Click here to learn more.