Programming for Testers by Alan Richardson
Get out of your comfort zone and improve your Test Automation and programming skills in all phases of software development. Testers without any technical knowledge are welcome to join.
Audience Profile: Programming for Tester by Alan Richardson training
You will benefit from this training if you want to know some basic programming skills in Test Automation.
Achievements Upon Completion
After completing the 1-day training, you will know:
- coding in Testing,
- Java concepts,
- understanding maven,
- Test Automation at the right levels,
- Java concepts (interfaces and inheritance, enums, annotations, dependency injection),
- libraries - depending on the expectation of participants: Cucumber, RestAssured, WebDriver, etc.
You will have hands-on experience in:
- JUnit Basics - constructing test code with @Test Assert, @Before, and @After, etc.,
- IntelliJ IDE to speed up your learning - viewing code, debugging: breakpoints,
- Classes, Methods and Primitive wrapper classes,
- conditionals and comparisons,
- exceptions and errors,
- statements and variables,
- arrays and collections.
You will have the skills to:
- use IntelliJ - reading and writing JUnit source code,
- use maven - setting up Test Automation projects and using maven dependencies,
- use testing Pyramid - setting up a proper Test Automation strategy.
Please note that you will need to bring your laptop to this training. The following software needs to be installed on your laptop: