Acceptance Test Driven Development with a Robot
Test Automation is not something you do as an afterthought. To build quality in you have to start thinking about testing the moment you start with your specifications. You want your development engineers to build with these specifications in mind and constantly steer towards that goal. Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) is a methodology to do just that. By defining the Acceptance test upfront and develop to make these Automated Acceptance tests pass you can decrease misunderstandings and increase your quality.
This Meetup after movie shows what you can expect.
Audience Profile: Acceptance Test Driven Development with a Robot Training
ATDD is practiced as a team. By communicating better and collaborating across disciplines in your team you will deliver better quality products to your business.
This training is, therefore, best attended as a team. Together you have the skills to perform all the tasks of a scrum team together, therefore learning the most from each other and continue the way of working shown in this course.
You will benefit from this training if you:
- are a developer in a scrum team
- are a tester in a scrum team
- have basic knowledge of Agile/scrum
- understand that quality is a team effort
- want to learn test and build a robot
Achievements Upon Completion
You will learn:
- The basics of ATDD, while building a robot
- How to get to good specifications
- Gherkin - syntax to achieve a common understanding in your examples
- Automate your specifications to create automated acceptance tests
- To write behaviors for a robot
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- The complete ATDD development cycle
- Creating cucumber tests
You will develop the skills to:
- Apply what you’ve learned on your project
- Work together as a team to reach a common goal
- Build quality in your development process
- Bring your own laptop with a Bluetooth connection
- You must be able to install software and drivers on this laptop
- Required software will be provided
This training is most valuable when enjoyed as a team. We therefore also offer this training as a workshop on location. This training can be tailored towards your specific needs. Just contact us for more information.
Xebia Academy is also providing the Robot Challenge. Read more about the Robot Challenge here.