iOS Application Security Fundamentals
Audience: iOS Application Security Fundamentals
You will benefit from iOS Application Security Fundamentals training if:
- You are an iOS developer
- You want to learn about iOS security
- You want to be able to assess the security posture of an app
- You want to learn about the effectiveness of the security controls of an application.
Note: if you are not an iOS developer, then you can still follow the training, but basic programming skills are required (unless you come with another programmer).
Achievements upon completion
This iOS Application Security Fundamentals training gives you skills, tools and knowledge in the following areas:
You will learn:
- The basics of the iOS security model
- How to analyze the security posture of an application
- How to prioritize security issues you identify
- How to mitigate storage and traffic related issues
- How to verify your implementation
- The contents of the OWASP mobile Top 10 and the Mobile Application Security Verification Standard
You will gain experience in:
- Decrypt an iOS application and run it on your jailbroken device
- Storage analysis of an application
- Traffic analysis between the application and the backend
- Create a secure storage using Realm
- Use storage mechanisms like Coredata, UserDefaults, Plists and Keychain securely
You will develop the skills to:
- Be a more secure app-developer
- Defeat script kiddie's that want to hack your app, cheat your game or capture your users’ data
- Execute basic penetration tests on iOS applications
- Embed security into your iOS application and verify the effectiveness of your security controls
Please note that this training requires a jailbroken device running iOS 9 or 10 and an Apple machine with at least 8 GB RAM and a Core-i5 processor.
If you do not have one, please contact email@example.com for details.
Xebia only recommends jailbreaking a device for educational purposes.