As a developer, the minute you write the code that breaks an application, you need to know it. Gain a solid understanding of test-driven development (TDD) through hands-on experience and practice in this two-day training facilitated by Dave Farley, the award-winning co-author of 'Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases Through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation'.
"Using TDD as a practice makes you produce higher quality software, not because it is well-tested (though that is a nice byproduct), but because it also improves the quality of your designs." - Dave Farley
Much more than writing basic unit tests, test-driven development is about the dance between the programmer, the test, and the system-under-test. In this in-depth, two-day training taught in English, you'll learn the design principles that underlie an effective TDD practice so that you can create better, unbroken, high-quality software.
Q: Is Test Driven Development (TDD) with Dave Farley Training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a developer
- Yes - if you want to experience what real TDD feels like
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The design principles that underlie TDD
- How to recognize the properties of high-quality software
- Recognize patterns and anti-patterns in TDD
- How TDD and continuous delivery (CD) fit together
- When not to test
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working in an iterative TDD flow
- Creating high-quality reusable tests
- Applying dependency injection and mocking in a TDD context
You will develop the skills to:
- Make code testable
- Improve legacy code through TDD