Cypress: Testing, the way it should be.
User Interface (UI) testing has gotten a negative vibe due to them being close to the top of the automation pyramid where they are expensive and difficult to maintain. They are notoriously difficult to make fully deterministic where you end up with issues that your tests are sometimes passing and the next time failing without a clear cause. There is however a need for UI testing and with modern web-apps, where business logic often resides inside the front-end, this need is getting more and more important.
Cypress is based on familiar open source frameworks. Cypress.io sets out to fix those pesky, flaky, frustrating tests. With a fresh view on the test development lifecycle, an architecture that is not based on Selenium.
In this one-day training course you get to learn this new tool in a hands-on fashion. You will gain the knowledge and skills to apply what you've learned directly on your own projects. Start to improve your tests now!
Q: Is Test automation using Cypress.io training right for me?
- Yes - if you are performing the role of developer or tester in your team
- Yes - if you are currently having a Selenium implementation and want to improve
- Yes - if you want to learn how to work with Cypress
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Why Cypress is different from other web test tooling
- How to setup and configure Cypress projects
- Using the basic and advanced Cypress functionalities to navigate your application
- How to create assertions on elements
- To write well-structured Cypress web-tests
- To create reusable functions
- To write integration and unit tests
- How to use mocking and stubbing
- To run your tests in CI
- Reporting using the Dashboard functionality
- To debug your tests
You will develop the skills to:
- Integrate Cypress into your own web projects
- Write unit and integration tests using a new and exciting tool
- Improve the quality of your software delivery
- Provide insight into your test status
- Delivery faster by integrating your tests in CI
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with the Cypress interface
- Setting up a new project from scratch
- Running tests using your own implemented mocks and stubs
- Writing well structured, maintainable tests
- Integrating your Cypress tests in a CI solution
- Delivering your results to provide valuable feedback to your stakeholders
Q: What else should I know?
- No previous Cypress test experience is needed
- Bring your own laptop on which you have admin rights
- GitHub account
If you are in doubt about any of these requirements and want to know if this training is for you. Just give us a call!
We also offer customised, in-company training to provide Xebia's immersive learning curriculum on-site at your business location.