Cypress: Testing, the way it should be.
User Interface (UI) testing has gotten a negative vibe due to them being close to the top of the automation pyramid, where they are expensive and difficult to maintain. They are notoriously difficult to make fully deterministic, where determining the clear cause can be tricky for why your tests are sometimes passing and the next time failing. And with modern web-apps, UI testing is more critical than ever as business logic often resides inside the front-end.
Cypress is based on familiar open source frameworks. Cypress.io sets out to fix those pesky, flaky, frustrating tests. With a fresh view on the test development lifecycle with an architecture not based on Selenium.
In this one-day training course you get to learn this new tool in a hands-on fashion. You will gain the knowledge and skills to apply what you've learned directly on your own projects. Start to improve your tests now!
Q: Is Test automation using Cypress.io training right for me?
- Yes - if your team role is developer or tester
- Yes - if you have implemented Selenium and want to improve it
- Yes - if you want to learn how to work with Cypress
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How Cypress is different from other web test tooling
- How to setup and configure Cypress projects
- How to create assertions on elements
- To write well-structured Cypress web-tests
- To create reusable functions
- To write integration and unit tests
- How to use mocking and stubbing
- To run your tests in CI
- To debug your tests
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Using the basic and advanced Cypress functionalities to navigate your application
- Reporting using the Dashboard functionality
- Working with the Cypress interface
- Setting up a new project from scratch
- Running tests using your own implemented mocks and stubs
- Writing well structured, maintainable tests
- Integrating your Cypress tests in a CI solution
- Delivering your results to provide valuable feedback to your stakeholders
You will develop the skills to:
- Integrate Cypress into your own web projects
- Write unit and integration tests using a new and exciting tool
- Improve the quality of your software delivery
- Provide insight into your test status
- Delivery faster by integrating your tests in CI
Q: What else should I know?
- No previous Cypress test experience is needed
- Bring your own laptop on which you have admin rights
- GitHub account
Read more about the partnership with Cypress here.