Refining stories is difficult. Teams often create mini-handovers in their sprints where refinement, development and testing are separate activities done by separate individuals. Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Specification by Example (SBE) are overlapping terms for creating software based on collaboratively defined requirements. As a team you create requirements through realistic, rather than abstract, examples. These examples are then the basis for creating more structured tests, that align directly with the needed business value.
This one-day training taught in Dutch or English helps teams improve collaboration, increase clarity of requirements and ensure mutual understanding in all phases of the software development process.
Is Specification by Example training right for me?
- Yes - if you attend the training as a team, because Specification by Example is a team practice
- Yes - if you are working in an agile environment
- Yes - if you are working as developer, agile tester, business analyst, product owner, developer or Scrum master
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will know:
- The principles of Specification by Example / Behaviour Driven Development and how to practice them
- Why collaborative Specification workshops are key
- How to practice and facilitate these workshops
- How to perform 'Example Mapping'
- How to slice your stories to deliver optimal business value and finish your sprints
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Refining based on Specification by Example / BDD
- Breaking down your user stories down into realistic scenarios
- Using these scenarios as input for your tests
- Providing executable views of product capabilities using examples
- Writing and communicating your acceptance testing differently
- Maintenance and conservation by use of living documentation
You will develop the skills to:
- Participate and host better refinement sessions
- Write requirements in a clear, unambiguous, ubiquitous language
- Communicate with all your stakeholders better, from refinement to acceptance
- Work with the right level of detail
What else should I know?
If you have limited knowledge or experience with agile or Scrum, please contact us in advance for suggestions on how to prepare.
We also offer customized, in-company training to provide Xebia’s immersive learning curriculum on-site at your business location.
Contact us for more information.