Want to accelerate your application delivery with Docker and use it on the Windows platform?
This Docker on Windows Deep Dive brings you fully up to speed in only one day.
In this highly interactive, one-day Docker introduction, we’ll explore how containers work on the Windows platform. Instead of answering your questions, we help you understand this technology in such a way you can answer them yourself! Learn how Docker will improve your software development cycle. We'll teach you how to implement a continuous delivery pipeline to deploy your solution to either a single Windows servers or to a cluster of machines managed by a cluster orchestrator like Kubernetes.
Q: Is Docker on Windows in one day right for me?
- Yes - if you are a busy developer and you want to learn docker in just one day, so you can deliver your software to production faster without the hassle of traditional application delivery
- Yes - if you are a solution architect who wants to understand why docker will make a big difference in the way applications are build and how it facilitates a great way of building microservices with a fault tolerant infrastructure like Kubernetes
- Yes - if you are a DevOps engineer/consultant who wants to enable faster, frictionless deployments to test and production environments
Q: What will I achieve by completing this day?
You will learn:
- How containers work, especially Windows containers, using Docker
- What operating system virtualization is
- What the difference with Machine Virtualization is
- Container internals on Windows
- What can't be moved to containers (and why)
- What the role of container orchestrators is (Kubernetes)
- How full CI/CD works with containers
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- How to build Docker containers to run new or existing workloads
- How to actually deploy your applications to various hosting solutions, both on-prem and in the cloud
- Working with Docker from the command line
- Moving existing application to Docker on Windows
You will develop the skills to:
- Integrate Docker with your delivery pipeline (Build and Release automation)
- Use Kubernetes with windows containers
- Small code changes needed to deliver your existing .NET applications with containers
Q: What else should I know?
- Basic understanding of C# or a programming language in general
- For the hands-on exercises, bring your own laptop with remote desktop capability to connect to the virtual machines we provide
Read more about the partnership with Docker here.
What other participants said about this day:
“Great, alternative way of delivering a workshop - interactive, engaging and energizing! I learned a lot in just one day.”
“Amazing what we learned in just a day. Great educational concept - we learned to answer the questions ourselves instead of just having the answers provided."
“The training flowed well. Every time we learned something new, it was applied to what we had just previously learned, which made the learning curve manageable for an otherwise hefty topic.”