Agile and Scrum radically changed software development, shifting the source of production bottlenecks from development teams to delivery. Shipping the "done" increment on demand is the solution. But a fully-optimized continuous delivery strategy requires rethinking and reinventing both your software development and application lifecycle management (ALM) processes. This two-day training course taught in Dutch and English covers everything you need to know to do continuous delivery the right way. Learn how to build and set up a continuous delivery strategy using Visual Studio Team Services to shape your pipeline. State-of-the-art tooling, technology and concepts, like distributed version control, continuous integration, release pipelines, automated testing and container technology, all come into play.
"The flow of the training was very good. Everytime something new was learned it was applied on top of something that was previously learned. This made for a pleasent learningcurve for an otherwise hefty topic." - CRM / BI Consultant
Q: Is the Continuous Delivery 3.0 on the Microsoft Stack training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a software architect
- Yes - if you are a lead developer designing and implementing a continuous delivery strategy
- Yes - if you are new to continuous delivery or just beginning to make some progress
- Yes - if you are ready to shift your perspective and move on to Continuous Delivery 3.0
- Yes - if you have some experience with C# development and Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
This Continuous Delivery 3.0 on the Microsoft Stack training gives you skills, tools, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand the what, how and why of Continuous Delivery 3.0
- Gain alternative views on familiar concepts: version control, build, test automation, application insights, and release management
You will learn:
- How to use container technology (Docker) in both your development and application lifecycles
- Advanced topics, including: feature toggles, dark launching, A/B testing and canary releases
You will gain experience in:
- Create a release pipeline using Visual Studio Team Services and Azure
- Create an ARM template to provision new machines in Azure
- Implement advanced strategies for continuous delivery
- Create a simple container on Windows using Docker
You will develop the skills to:
- Design and implement a Continuous Delivery 3.0 strategy
- Implement your own release pipeline with Visual Studio Team Services
- Use Microsoft Azure as a platform extension for development and testing
Q: What else should I know?
- Training Level: Intermediate
- Some experience with C# development and Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services is required
- Please bring your own laptop computer with remote desktop capabilities. We will facilitate an Azure subscription, Desktop, and Visual Studio Team Services account