Agile and Scrum radically changed software development, shifting the source of production bottlenecks from development teams to delivery. Shipping the "done" increment on demand is the solution. But a fully-optimized continuous delivery strategy requires rethinking and reinventing both your software development and application lifecycle management (ALM) processes. This two-day training course taught in Dutch and English covers everything you need to know to do continuous delivery the right way. Learn how to build and set up a continuous delivery strategy using Visual Studio Team Services to shape your pipeline. State-of-the-art tooling, technology and concepts, like distributed version control, continuous integration, release pipelines, automated testing and container technology, all come into play.
Q: Is the Continuous Delivery 3.0 on the Microsoft Stack training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a software architect
- Yes - if you are a lead developer designing and implementing a continuous delivery strategy
- Yes - if you are new to continuous delivery or just beginning to make some progress
- Yes - if you are ready to shift your perspective and move on to Continuous Delivery 3.0
- Yes - if you have some experience with C# development and Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
This Continuous Delivery 3.0 on the Microsoft Stack training gives you skills, tools, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand the what, how and why of Continuous Delivery 3.0
- Gain alternative views on familiar concepts: version control, build, test automation, application insights, and release management
You will learn:
- How to use container technology (Docker) in both your development and application lifecycles
- Advanced topics, including: feature toggles, dark launching, A/B testing and canary releases
You will gain experience in:
- Create a release pipeline using Visual Studio Team Services and Azure
- Create an ARM template to provision new machines in Azure
- Implement advanced strategies for continuous delivery
- Create a simple container on Windows using Docker
You will develop the skills to:
- Design and implement a Continuous Delivery 3.0 strategy
- Implement your own release pipeline with Visual Studio Team Services
- Use Microsoft Azure as a platform extension for development and testing
Q: What else should I know?
- Training Level: Intermediate
- Some experience with C# development and Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services is required
- Please bring your own laptop computer with remote desktop capabilities. We will facilitate an Azure subscription, Desktop, and Visual Studio Team Services account