ASP.NET Core is Microsoft's open source framework for building web applications and web APIs in .NET. You will learn to develop cross-platform, lightweight, cloud-ready apps with a great performance.
This training has a practical approach. You will learn the theory by means of an example application. Based on what you have seen, you will then build your own application. All ASP.NET Core ingredients are reviewed. This training is composed and given by Roland Guijt, the author of the popular Pluralsight course: "Understanding ASP.NET Core".
Q: Is the ASP.NET Core Fundamentals training right for me?
- Yes - because you are a .NET developer with knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Yes - because you want to take your next step to this best web app framework ever from Microsoft
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You build a prototype of an app during this course. After the necessary explanation you will always build a piece of the app. You learn how to work with ASP.NET Core. You will go home with a piece of software that you can build on.
You will learn:
- What .NET Core is and the relationship with ASP.NET Core
- The structure of the project
- How to understand and configure middleware
- Dependency injection specific for ASP.NET Core
- How the MVC principle works
- How to create web pages including tag helpers and view components
- How to make REST APIs and what you should pay attention to
- How to deploy your new application on a web server or in the cloud
You gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with .NET Core
- Building modern web applications with .NET
- Developing REST APIs the right way
You will develop the skills to:
- To start building web and API production applications in a modern application framework with confidence
- Quickly build testable and logical applications with the MVC principle without losing sight of the structure of your application
- Ensure that the roll-out of your application runs smoothly
Q: What else should I know?
- Bring your own laptop with you with the latest version of Visual Studio
- Some experience with C# and creating web applications (HTML CSS, MVC fundamentals) is necessary