The Professional Scrum with Kanban training allows you to deepen your knowledge of Scrum and Kanban, expand your skills, and benefit from the best of both worlds. You keep your Scrum-based focus on the process and the way your team collaborates, while Kanban’s transparent visualization methods allow you to make more consistent predictions with less effort, for both your team and your stakeholders.
The Flow metrics from Kanban’s can improve the way you coach your team to uncover better ways to collaborate within the Scrum framework. These metrics provide a nice alternative for Velocity and Storypoints.
The 2-day training program consists of a mix of theory, case studies and hands-on experience. Two experienced trainers – Jesse Houwing (Scrum) and Pieter Rijken (Kanban) – provide a well-balanced mix of practical know-how from the worlds of Scrum and Kanban. The theoretical part of the course creates a solid foundation for understanding the way in which you can integrate Kanban in a variety of Scrum practices, and its practical orientation ensures that you will be able to apply Kanban’s visualization methods more effectively.
Q: Is the Professional Scrum with Kanban right for me?
- Yes, if you are a Scrum Master who wants in-depth insight into performance in order to coach your team effectively
- Yes, if you are a Product Owner who wants to make accurate predictions and manage stakeholders’ expectations based on transparent data
- Yes, if you are a Developer who wants to make reliable estimates and forecasts of your workload
- Yes, if you are a Kanban practitioner with existing Scrum knowledge and want to expand your work by applying Scrum in combination with Kanban effectively
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How Kanban’s visualization adds value to Scrum’s focus on process
- How Kanban visualizes work (by means of the Kanban board)
- How Kanban lets you track Product Backlog Items through the various stages of delivery
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Analyzing and visualizing work
- Visualizing workflow on a Kanban board
- Ways to use dataflow metrics for optimizing the Scrum process and team collaboration
You will develop the skills to:
- Make better forecasts with less effort
- Increase transparency
- Improve team
- This training qualifies you to take the PSK assessment exam to help you validate your learning. A score of 85% or higher on the assessment is awarded with certification
- The exam and certification are provided by our partner Scrum.org
- Do your exam within two weeks after the last training day and you will get a free second attempt from Scrum.org if you fail the exam
- Scrum.org maintains a public list of PSK credential holders, on which you will be mentioned
- Read more about the partnership with Scrum.org here
Q: What else should I know?