Do you want to know how to get started with kanban, or how to improve your current kanban system? This two-day foundations-level kanban training class, certified by Lean Kanban University, provides the skills and knowledge you need to design a basic kanban system. Taught in Dutch or English, this training includes simulations and exercises that teach you how to create a dynamic, predictable workflow.
Q: Is Kanban System Design (KMP I) training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a manager, developer, or professionals who wants to learn the fundamentals of the kanban method
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How to design a kanban system and initiate change with kanban
- The basic kanban concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Controlling work-in-progress (from push to pull)
- Visualizing work (designing a card wall)
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Managing change and collaborative improvement
You will develop the skills to:
- Identify and address bottlenecks
- Work with shifting priorities
- Manage multitasking and interrupt work
- Prioritize importantly but non-time-critical work
- Create flow in the work, the information required to do it and within the performing teams
Q: What else should I know?
Kanban System Design (KMP I) Certification:
- Certificate of Completion awarded by Lean-Kanban University upon successful completion
- This training satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation.
- The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional training completes the KMP status requirement.
Read more about the partnership with Lean Kanban Inc. here.