Want to learn how to design, model, and create software that focuses on the underlying business concerns? Have you read a lot about domain-driven design (DDD), but don’t know where to start? Considering using microservices, but not sure if it would help? Then this training is just the thing you need.
This two-day training provides a first-hand experience of Domain Driven Design so you can implement it in your own context. It covers theory and real-world applications and problems.
We will go from strategic design patterns with big picture EventStorming, to the tactical design patterns with software modeling EventStorming and example mapping. You will leave with enough hands-on experience to start exploring your own DDD journey.
"Creating the context map was such a valuable part of the training." - Software Developer
Q: Is Start to Domain Driven Design training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a software developer with several years of programming experience
- Yes - if you are a software architect with several years of programming experience
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How DDD fits into your current software culture
- What problems DDD solves
- The difference between a design and a model
- DDD tactical design patterns
- DDD strategic design patterns
- Building blocks of Model-Driven design
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Multiple types of modelling with EventStorming
- Visualizing and distilling domains
- Context mapping for strategic design
- How to model with and apply DDD tactical design patterns
You will develop the skills to:
- Create multiple models for the same business needs to quickly iterate over them
- Design and model quality software
- Visualize and find bounded contexts with DDD strategic design patterns to help teams scale their designs
- Use DDD to deliberately discover
Q: What else should I know?
- Advanced reading of Domain-Driven Design by Eric Evans (the blue book), is recommended but not required
- Ability to properly remove a sticky note
- Read the free ebook The Anatomy Of Domain-Driven Design
- We won’t do any coding so a laptop is not needed