Great software professionals build quality software fast, using agile methods, continuous delivery, and dedicated craftsmanship to speed up delivery from years to months - or even weeks.
But what if you could go from months to minutes?
This two-day training facilitated by Dan North is designed for those who strive to develop and deliver quality software even faster. Dan North is a technology and organisational change specialist who has been coaching, coding and consulting for over 25 years. He enables teams to deliver quality software at the speed of change, in days, and even hours, again and again. If you feel limited by current agile, continuous delivery and craftsmanship thinking and want to uncover new, simpler ways to organise and improve your software development and delivery process, this course is for you.
The Software Faster material contains over 40 patterns and techniques. The training typically covers 8-10 of these topic areas, over two days, based on the interests of attendees. North also adapts his teaching approach from detailed and technical to broad overview, according to the learning style of the participants.
Is Software Faster: From Months to Minutes training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a seasoned software developer who is frustrated by how slow your "hyper-performing" process feels
- Yes - if you are suffering with an unwieldy feature backlog, the pantomime of estimation, the card wall where cards go to die, the efforts to automate where it obvious isn't adding anything
- Yes - if you are fed up with the artificial commitment of sprints and the unwelcome surprises that still seem to derail your projects
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- New techniques that both enhance and replace existing agile practices (some of which are counter-intuitive and many which are completely counter to current "best-practice")
- Why understanding risk and embracing uncertainty are at the heart of faster delivery
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Managing build, release and operations
- Planning effectively and estimating accurately using systems thinking
- Managing different levels of skill and experience within a team
You will develop the skills to:
- Challenge the received wisdom of established agile methods
- Identify and reduce gaps in your testing strategy
- Engage with legacy systems and integrate with third parties