This two-day training combines theory, live coding, and hands-on exercises to give you everything you need to implement Scala professionally. Functional and object-oriented, the Scala programming language allows developers and architects to do everything from constructing elegant class hierarchies to implement behavior. Learn the fundamentals of Scala and its most important advanced features, as you gain the knowledge and skill you need to master its tooling. Taught in Dutch and English.
Q: Is Professional Scala Development training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a developer or architect
- Yes - if you use (or will use) Scala professionally
- Yes - if your Scala skills need a brush-up
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The fundamentals of Scala and its most important advanced features
- How to use Scala's core APIs
- How to apply Scala for real world projects
- The Scala ecosystem and tooling
You will gain hands-on experience in:
Using the core and relevant advanced features of Scala, including:
- object orientation
- functional programming
- multiple inheritances with traits
- pattern matching and case classes
- programming with options
- implicit conversions
- DSL basics
You will develop the skills to:
- Write production software with Scala
- Write tests for Scala code
- Use the functional programming feature to solve problems
- Apply multiple inheritances with traits
- Understand and write basic DSLs
- Master Scala tooling
Q: What else should I know?
- Advanced developer and/or architect skills required