Progressive Web Apps are the latest iteration in modern web development. It's an open, cross-browser technology meant to improve user experience on the mobile web. As a web developer, you should already be aware of the modern web's capabilities, but do you know what it takes to implement a progressive web app (PWA)?
After this training you will be able to build highly engaging Progressive Web Apps with custom Service Workers to exploit all the web has to offer.
Q: Is Programming Production-ready Progressive Web Apps training right for me?
- Yes – if you are already enthusiastic about PWAs
- Yes – if you are looking for an advanced PWA course
- Yes – if you are an experienced web developer
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The Web Manifest standard
- Service Worker API and lifecycle
- How to deal with caching, both in the Service Worker and in HTTP
- What design considerations to make and how to deal with user consent
- How to deal with poor network conditions and how Background Sync can help
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Building custom Service Workers with Workbox
- Setting up an App Shell with precaching
- Implementing offline support
- Using IndexedDB
- Setting up push notifications
You will develop the skills to:
- Build high-performance, resilient web apps
- Build highly-engaging web apps
- Build a production-ready Progressive Web Apps
Q: What else should I know?
- Some knowledge of ES6 and Promises
- A basic understanding of HTTP caching