Learn how to build next-generation, event-driven, highly-scalable and fault-tolerant applications with Akka and Akka HTTP using the Scala programming language. Co-created by Raymond Roestenburg, author of the book Akka in Action, this immersive, hands-on training gives you the skills and knowledge to write high-performing, asynchronous and non-blocking web applications that reflect the characteristics of modern reactive systems. Over the course of two-days, you'll build a sample application, step-by-step, then expose the Actor-based application to the web using Akka HTTP. You'll learn the most important Scala features used in these frameworks, best practices, and advanced possibilities, with a strong emphasis on testing.
Q: Is Building Reactive Applications with Scala, Akka & Akka HTTP training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a mid-level/senior developer or hands-on architect
- Yes - if you want to learn how to build web-based reactive applications using Akka and Akka HTTP
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The architectural foundation used to build reactive systems
- The principles of Actor-based concurrency
- The core building blocks Akka and Akka HTTP offer
- The most important advanced Scala features used in Akka and Akka HTTP
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Using the core features Akka offers:
- Actor Basics
- Testing Actors
- Event Stream
- State Machines
- Writing REST APIs and web frontends with Akka HTTP by mastering:
º Akka HTTP Routing DSL
º Testing Routes
º Integration with Akka
- Applying the advanced Scala features applied in Akka and Akka HTTP:
º Partial Functions
º Implicit Conversions
º Futures and Promises
You will develop the skills to:
- Confidently write production applications with Akka and Akka HTTP
- Test Actor-based code
- Design asynchronous, non-blocking and event-driven systems and which best practices to apply
- Expose Actor-based applications to the web using Akka HTTP
Q: What else should I know?
- Basic knowledge of Scala is required