This training empowers you as a data scientist to use R in RStudio to do data science, analytics, and machine learning. You will learn how to apply the tidyverse stack from RStudio, how to create interactive ML dashboards with Shiny as well as how to integrate R with databases, Spark, and the H2O machine learning tooling.
Is Data Science with R training right for me?
- Yes - if you want to learn how data scientists use R for their work
- Yes - if you have analytics experience
- Yes - if you want to learn more about Shiny, Dplyr, Spark or H2O
What will I achieve by completing this training?
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, you will master the tools that R offers. There will be many moments where the students need to program.
You will learn:
- What assumptions R makes to make life easier for the analyst
- How to use the interactive workflow in RStudio
- How to visualize with ggplot2
- How to wrangle data with tidyr and dplyr
- How to create interactive dashboards in shiny
- How to scale analytics via sparklyr
- How to run machine learning models in R
- How to run machine learning models in H2O via R
You will develop the skills to:
- Work with the tidyverse stack in RStudio
- Run standard analyses in R and translate them to dashboards
- Run machine learning models and translate them to dashboards
- Start using R in your day to day job
What else should I know?
It helps if you have programming experience but it is not required as long as you can show strong analytics skill.
Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop for this training. This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- At least 8GB RAM
- 25GB of free hard disk space
- USB Port accessible
- Wifi works
- R and RStudio need to be installed prior to the event. Install instructions for both can be found here
This training is taught by our training partner GoDataDriven