This training will teach you about the relevant packages and tools to do data science in Python. We will cover the tools and packages that help you solve your day-to-day data science needs. Specifically, you will learn how to work with pandas, matplotlib, and scikit-learn; we will teach how to use Jupyter notebooks. Added to that, we will show you how the command line can speed up some everyday tasks relevant to data science.
Q: Is Data Science with Python training right for me?
- Yes - if you want to learn how to use Python to clean and reshape data
- Yes - if you want to know how to develop data science models
- Yes - if you want to know how to visualize your data and present your results with plotting
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, you will learn how to use Python for Data Science.
You will learn:
- Using git and the CLI when doing data science
- Jupyter notebooks
- Numpy basics
- Plotting basics
- Introduction to machine learning with scikit-learn
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Data cleaning and generating general insights with pandas
- Visualizing results with matplotlib and seaborn
- Building machine learning models
You will develop the skills to:
- Work with Pandas DataFrames
- Apply and select the best statistical methodologies (for example: regression, cluster analysis, decision trees) for solving business problems
- Report and share generated insights
- Fit, select and evaluate machine learning algorithms
Q: What else should I know?
- In order to benefit from this course participants are expected to have general knowledge of Python programming concepts (e.g. be familiar with concepts mentioned under Basics on learnpython.org)
- You will need to bring your own laptop for this training with the following requirements:
- Anaconda with Python 3.5 should already be installed
- Ability to install software
- Ability to connect to internet