Data Science with Python
This training will teach you about the relevant packages and tools to do data science in Python. We will cover the tools and packages that help you solve your day-to-day data science needs. Specifically, you will learn how to work with numpy, pandas, matplotlib, and scikit-learn; we will teach how to use the Jupyter environment and how to leverage its notebooks. Added to that, we will show you how the command line to speed up some everyday tasks relevant to data science.
Audience Profile: Data Science with Python Training
You will benefit from Data Science with Python training if:
- You want to learn how to use Python to clean and reshape data, how to develop data science models, and how to deal with time series and plotting.
Achievements upon completion
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, you will learn how to use Python for Data Science.
- Using git and the CLI when doing data science
- IPython/Jupyter notebooks
- Numpy-Scipy basics
- Plotting basics
- API Calling
- Time series with pandas
- Introduction to scikit-learn
You’ll gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Manipulating data through aggregation and descriptive statistics
- The performance optimization that Numpy offers
You’ll have the skills to:
- Work with dirty data
- Apply machine learning algorithms in Python
!Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop for this training.
This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- Anaconda with Python 3.5 should already be installed