This training will teach you about the relevant packages and tools to do data science in Python. We will cover the tools and packages that help you solve your day-to-day data science needs. Specifically, you will learn how to work with numpy, pandas, matplotlib, and scikit-learn; we will teach how to use the Jupyter environment and how to leverage its notebooks. Added to that, we will show you how the command line to speed up some everyday tasks relevant to data science.
Q: Is Data Science with Python training right for me?
- Yes - if you want to work with Python
- Yes - if you want to learn how to use Python to clean and reshape data
- Yes - if you want to know how to develop data science models,
- Yes - if you want to know how to deal with time series and plotting.
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, you will learn how to use Python for Data Science.
You will learn:
- Using git and the CLI when doing data science
- IPython/Jupyter notebooks
- Numpy-Scipy basics
- Plotting basics
- API Calling
- Time series with pandas
- Introduction to scikit-learn
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Manipulating data through aggregation and descriptive statistics
- The performance optimization that Numpy offers
You will develop the skills to:
- Work with dirty data
- Apply machine learning algorithms in Python
- Look for chances and possibilities in a considerable amount of data
- Clean up and convert raw data to usable data
- Correlate different kinds of data
- Analyze and select the best statistical methodologies (for example: regression, cluster analysis, decision trees) for solving problems arising in the business.
- Report and share generated insights and knowledge
Q: What else should I know?
!Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop for this training.
This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- Anaconda with Python 3.5 should already be installed