The Data Science Accelerator Program prepares data scientists to transition organizations into data-driven enterprises. Developed by GoDataDriven to create a benchmark in the field, the program combines in-depth lectures with hands-on hackathons and propels data scientist to a higher standard of excellence.
Q: Is Data Science Accelerator Program training right for me?
- Yes - if you work as a data analyst, business analyst, developer or administrator
- Yes - if you have a background in math, statistics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Yes - if you have basic data science skills
- Yes - if you have basic programming skills (R/RStudio and IPython)
- Yes - if you have experience with SQL and basic UNIX or Linux commands
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
The ten-day Data Science Accelerator Program spans five months and includes five core lectures and five hackathons. Students attend one core lecture and one hackathon per month. The program focuses on sharing knowledge and development best-practices gained from extensive experience in implementing data science across dozens of industries.
You will learn:
- How to work with the IPython stack
- How to work with the probability stack
- How to work with machine learning
- How to work with ensembles and neural networks
- How to work with time series
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Web development (Flask and Pandas as backend)
- Solve multi-armed bandit problems
- Create a predictive model and put it into production
- Use tools and technology: Hadoop, Spark, R, Python, Elastic, Neo4j, Scala, Cassandra, D3, Riak, and Storm
You will develop the skills to:
- Develop various types of data science models
- Code reviewing your automation for nonlinear models
- Build a method that outperforms random forests
Q: What else should I know?
The next training program starts in September 2018 and includes the following dates:
Day 1: September 13, 2018 - Training: The Ipython Stack
Day 2: September 27, 2018 - Hackathon: Web development with Flask and Postgres as a Backend
Day 3: October 11, 2018 - Training: Probability Stack
Day 4: October 31, 2018 - Hackathon: Solve Multi-Armed Bandit Problems
Day 5: November 15, 2018 - Training: Machine Learning
Day 6: November 29, 2018 - Hackathon: Create a Predictive Model, wrap it in an API and put it into Production
Day 7: December 13, 2018 - Training: Ensembles & Neural Networks
Day 8: January 10, 2019 - Hackathon: Use Different Methods to Recognize Hand-written Digits
Day 9: January 24, 2019 - Training: Time series
Day 10: February 7, 2019 - Hackathon: Predict an optimal Portfolio for the Stock Market
Bring your own laptop with the following requirements:
- 2GB RAM minimum (4GB or more preferred)
- 15GB of free hard disk space
- VMware Player 5.x or above (Windows)/ VMware Fusion 4.x or above (Mac)
- Must support a 64-bit VMware guest image. If machines are running a 64-bit version of Windows, or Mac OS X on a Core DUO 2 processor or later, no other test is required. Otherwise download VMware’s compatibility check tool here
- VT-x virtualization support enabled in the BIOS
- 7-Zip or WinZip if running Windows XP (due to a bug in the built-in zip utility)
- USB port accessible
Xebia Academy (based in Hilversum, Amsterdam area) is an official training partner of Cloudera, the leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services.