The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming. The regulation, adopted on April 27, 2017, becomes enforceable from May 25, 2018. The impact and changes for some organizations will be far-reaching. This training examines how the regulation affects the majority of the European companies, especially those that are using data and Artificial Intelligence in their daily operations.
Q: Is GDPR for Data Professionals training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a data professional or business decision maker
- Yes - if you are a software developer, data scientist or engineer, manager, CEO, CIO, etc. The GDPR changes how anyone should approach their customers' data
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The principles and most important articles of the GDPR
- Purpose vs. proportion in data collection
- Privacy consent, by design, and by default
- The difference between data controllers and data providers
- Processing agreement limitations
- The advantages of data portability
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Reviewing concrete cases to learn potential GDPR impacts and changes
- Determining how your company operates, what it can do, and should do
You will develop the skills to:
- Assess whether data collection is allowed
- Assess what data an algorithm can use
- When to ask for consent and when not to
- Reason about privacy by design