Your organization has chosen to adopt Kubernetes for hosting, and your applications need to become cloud-native. Feature teams must start deploying their applications on a cluster instead of just uploading it to a server. This can be quite daunting as Kubernetes introduces all kinds of new concepts and configuration files which you need to configure.
This training starts from the ground up to get all attendees up to speed on how you should deploy an application on Kubernetes. During the training, we’ll combine theoretical parts to explain concepts within Kubernetes with practical parts where we’ll gradually build out the deployment of our application. Starting off with just a simple ‘Hello world’ we’ll end with a multi-tiered high available application running on a Kubernetes cluster in an instructor-led tutorial.
Is Certified Kubernetes Application Developer training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a developer that wants to learn how to deploy, configure, and test your containerized applications on a Kubernetes cluster
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How to containerize and deploy a simple application
- How to decouple application deployments from parameters and secrets using Kubernetes concepts
- How to use Kubernetes to monitor your application health
- What service discovery methods are available in Kubernetes
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Deploying your application on a Kubernetes cluster
- Performing rolling upgrades on applications in Kubernetes
- Persisting data across restarts for containers on Kubernetes
You will develop the skills to:
- Run applications on a Kubernetes cluster according to best practices
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer [CKAD] from Kubernetes.io
Read more about the partnership with Kubernetes.io here.
What else should I know?
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Familiarity with a programming language such as Golang, Node.JS or Python
Bring a personal laptop with admin access