DevOps is a method in which developers work closely with operations. Thanks to this approach, software is delivered faster and the quality is continuously improved. Do you already work agile to develop your software? But do you still feel it can be improved? Then you should learn to use DevOps. With this training you’ll learn how to set up a DevOps team and discover what you need to start a team.
Temporarily reduced in price for training dates in the first quarter of 2019 (January to March).
The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA), co-founded by Xebia, is an open, global initiative to advance DevOps competences and professionalize the state-of-the-practice. DASA provides certified training from the foundation to expert level worldwide. Led by DASA master trainers, this highly interactive, three-day training gives you the skills, knowledge, and tools you need to achieve competency (Level 2 certification) in DevOps.
"The best part of the training was that it provided me with a comprehensive overview of how currently successful businesses are able to innovate yet still deliver high quality services, giving them a competitive edge." - Director Software Engineering
Is Certified DevOps Fundamentals (DASA) training right for me?
- Yes - if you are involved in IT development, operations, or service management
- Yes - if your professional role is affected by DevOps and continuous delivery
- Yes - if you work as a CIO, product owner, integration specialist, DevOps engineer, operations manager, software developer, incident and change manager, system administrator, network administrator, business manager, automation architect, enterprise architect, program manager, project manager, or release manager
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Key concepts and principles of DevOps
- Core concepts of the process frameworks and paradigms that contributed to the emergence of DevOps practices (agile, Scrum, lean, kanban, etc.)
- Key elements that constitute a DevOps culture
- The business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery
- The drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps
- The software delivery lifecycle in a DevOps organization
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- An exploration of testing, infrastructure, build, and deployment automation within DevOps
- Summarizing transformative case studies of adaptive IT and DevOps models
- Investigating continuous delivery and next-generation infrastructure (cloud native and container-based platforms) in DevOps context
You will develop the skills to:
- Identify key characteristics of the operational and organizational model for DevOps
- Use common and popular DevOps tools and technologies
- Apply DevOps metrics and best practices for measurement and continuous improvement
- Achieve Level 2 certification in all knowledge and skill areas of the international DASA competence framework
Certified DevOps Fundamentals DASA Certification awarded upon successful completion of the exam (65% passing rate). Prepare in advance with this DevOps Fundamentals mock exam here
- Read more about our DASA partnership here.
- Read more about DevOps here.
What else should I know?
- Familiarity with agile, Scrum, lean, and ITSM principles beneficial, but not required
DevOps Fundamentals workbook; a multiple-choice, closed book exam (or voucher for a DASA exam institute); instruction by the world’s leading DevOps trainers.
Here can you find the DASA DevOps Fundamentals syllabus.