AWS professionals find the most awesome projects to work on, and can show their skills by delivering the best results in just a fraction of the time.
In this training, you will grow from intermediate to AWS professional, or like we call it: AWS Champion. AWS Champions are well prepared for the core AWS exams, which again confirms the Champion is a true AWS professional.
The AWS Champion training takes three days. To prepare well for the training, a paper is distributed to read upfront. During the training, self-paced labs are distributed which you can work on in the pauzes, evenings or after the training. During the course days, we show a short demo of the service, discuss all important characteristics, and combine multiple services in a group exercise. The group exercise is essential because the best way to learn is to teach others.
Q: Is AWS Champion training right for me?
- Yes – if you are a developer
- Yes – if you have an operations background and aiming for a career as cloud engineer, or you are a hands-on architect
- Yes – if you have some or deep knowledge of particular AWS services. For example: you already built a platform using EC2 and RDS. So you have some basic knowledge of general components like IAM and VPC, but you have barely touched other services like Machine Learning and Serverless
- Yes – even if you already have passed the AWS accreditations (business / technical), read the whitepapers like Well-Architected Framework and Introductions of all AWS Services, or passed the official AWS foundations exam
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Cloud Landing Zone: Setup a secure environment with IAM, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch and CloudFormation, where you can ‘land’ all type of workloads.
- Enterprise Migration: Learn about connectivity between VPCs and on-premises, how to migrate data and services to the cloud using DMS, Snowball, Active Directory and many more tools.
- Develop and Deploy Applications: To deploy developed applications in any programming language to AWS. Think of: Java, .NET, Python, NodeJS, Go, or using Docker technology, you learn to use services like Beanstalk, Opsworks, ECS, EKS.
- Big Data & Analytics: Learn to use services like EMR, Redshift, Glue, Kinesis to build data-driven applications and data pipelines.
- Machine Learning: Use Sagemaker, Machine Learning Service, and the Machine Learning APIs for speech-to-text and text-to-speech, image recognition, transcribe and translate services, and many more which are rapidly added.
- Serverless: Use API gateway, Lambda functions and DynamoDB for the core of your API based web application. Other cloud-native services to develop and deploy applications, without worrying about servers.
- CloudFormation: a very short format to learn all the capabilities of a product. With just a few inline comments, we also explain the why and how.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Mind maps of the important AWS Services (80+)
- Large set of hands-on labs
You will develop the skills to:
- Choose and design architectures using the different domains that are taught
- How to use and implement those domains using best practices
Q: What else should I know?
A typical training day looks like:
- 09:00 Introduction / Recap
- 09:30 Focussed Learning on Services
- 10:30 Group Exercises
- 11:00 Focussed Learning on Services
- 12:00 Lunch & Self-paced learning
- 13:30 Focussed Learning on Services
- 14:30 Self-paced Labs
- 15:30 Focussed Learning on Services
- 17:00 Group Exercises and Self-paced Labs
- 18:00 End of the Day
- A self-assessment is available online, which you must pass before taking the course. It is important to do this first, because otherwise, you may not be able to keep up in training. We will get in touch about this assessment after signing up for this training.
- Some basic programming/scripting skills are required, we do use a lot of JSON/YAML, Bash and Python.
- Bring your laptop with Docker installed.
- Ensure you have a personal AWS account which you can use to deploy all services.
Preparation for AWS exams
You will be well prepared for the official AWS exams of the core certifications.
This training is taught by our training partner Binx.io