Cloudera Administrator for Apache Hadoop
This training provides you with a comprehensive understanding of all the steps necessary to operate and maintain a Hadoop cluster. From installation and configuration through management, scaling and advanced tuning this training is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop administrators.
Good training by people who understand it very well!
Audience Profile Cloudera Administrator for Apache Hadoop Training
- You are a system administrator or techinal IT manager
- You have basic Linux experience
Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
Achievements upon completion
This training alternates between instructional sessions and hands-on labs.
After completing the 4-day training, you will know:
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises,
participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The internals of YARN, MapReduce, Spark, and HDFS
- Cloudera Manager features that make managing your clusters easier, such as
- aggregated logging, configuration management, resource management, reports,
alerts, and service management
- Determining the correct hardware and infrastructure for your cluster
- Proper cluster configuration and deployment to integrate with the data center
- How to load data into the cluster from dynamically-generated files using Flume and from RDBMS using Sqoop
- Configuring the FairScheduler to provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
- Best practices for preparing and maintaining Apache Hadoop in production
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, tuning, and solving Hadoop issues
You will gain experience in:
- Cluster configuration and deployment
- Data loading from dynamically-generated files using Flume and from RDBMS using Sqoop
- The various scheduler configurations to provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
You will develop the skills to:
- determine the correct hardware and infrastructure for you cluster, troubleshoot, diagnose, tune and solve Hadoop issues
!Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop for this training.
This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- At least 2GB RAM (4GB or more preferred),
- 10GB of free hard disk space,
- VMware Player 5.x or above (Windows)/ VMware Fusion 4.x or above (Mac),
- Internet access is mandatory. This course uses Amazon EC2-based virtual machines, port-forwarding SSH via ports 80 and 443. Access to the EC2 instances on those ports must be direct, with no HTTP proxy or our other port filtering in place,
- USB port accessible.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
Xebia Academy (based in Hilversum, Amsterdam area) is an official training partner of Cloudera, the leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services.