This two-day, hands-on Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) training course provides a unique opportunity to work with agile practitioners from other organizations on a simulated, large-scale software development project.
You will collaborate on an end-to-end case study to launch, structure, staff, and manage a complex agile project using Scrum and the Nexus™ framework. Experience the challenges of a larger development initiative and discover solutions for getting the work back on track. You'll learn more than fifty practices for reducing complexity and dependencies at scale, and leave the workshop with the tools and techniques you need to detect and address irregularities.
Is Scaled Professional Scrum training right for me?
The Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) workshop is recommended for:
- Yes - if you are development lead, development manager or project/program manager
- Yes - if you are involved with coaching, formulating, participating or managing scaled product development projects using agile and Scrum
What will I achieve by completing this training?
This training is an experiential workshop that teaches participants to scale Scrum using the Nexus™ framework. Students can expect to achieve the following outcomes:
You will learn:
- Why scaled Scrum is still Scrum
- About artifacts and events within the Nexus™ framework
- More than 50 associated practices to help teams efficiently build an integrated software product
- All about the new Nexus™ integration team role
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Thinking in Scrum
- Applying Scrum principles in a scaled context
You will develop the skills to:
- Identify, minimize and remove dependencies
- Organize teams and workloads
- Address common scaling challenge
Scaled Professional Scrum Certification
- All participants are eligible for Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) certification
- Exam and SPS certification provided by our partner, Scrum.org
- Upon successful completion of the training, participants receive a password to access the SPS exam
- Industry-recognized SPS certification requires a minimum passing score of 85% on knowledge of the Nexus™ framework, Scrum and SPS practices
- Do your exam within two weeks after the last training day and you will get a free second attempt from Scrum.org if you fail the exam
Read more about the partnership with Scrum.org here.