An agile organization operates as a living system, not like an outdated machine. This two-day, foundation training provides leaders and managers with the tools and knowledge they need to successfully transition to an agile way of working. Gain the skills you need to enable your organization to change and embrace complexity. Learn how to create the ideal conditions for a successful agile transformation and empower people to self-organize around a shared purpose. This Professional Agile Leadership Essentials training is a unique mix of theory and practice, optimized for the best learning experience.
Q: Is Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a leader who is involved in the adoption of agility in your organization
- Yes - if you are a manager/leader, responsible for leading one or more Scrum teams
- Yes - if you are a (HR/PMO) manager/leader, responsible for the professional development of Scrum Masters, Product Owners and development team members
- Yes - if you are a senior executive, acting as a sponsor for the agile transformation
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- An overview of what agile is and why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world
- How agile works
- How to identify and quantify the benefits, opportunities and impacts of agile in terms of business value
- How agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty, IT project failure, and dissatisfied customers
- The difference between an agile leader and a traditional leader
- Immediately-applicable and practical tips for becoming an agile leader
You will develop the skills to:
- Measure the success of a Scrum team
- Develop an education roadmap for the different roles in a Scrum team
- Compare and contrast agile practices with alternative business practices
- Discuss how agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- Form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- Recognize typical challenges and support agile teams by removing impediments
- Do value-driven product development for your business
Q: What else should I know?
Professional Agile Leadership (PAL) Certification
- This training qualifies you to take the PAL I certification exam
- The exam and certification are provided by our partner Scrum.org
- Do your exam within two weeks after the last training day and you will get a free second attempt from Scrum.org if you fail the exam
- Scrum.org maintains a public list of PAL I credential holders
- Study the Scrum Guide
- Previous experience or involvement with building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Read any book on Scrum by Ken Schwaber
PAL-E training content and materials are continuously updated and improved by a worldwide community of over 190 Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) who provide ongoing quality feedback.
- A digital version of the official Scrum.org slide deck
- A book on agile leadership
- A notebook with printed illustrations