Scrum@Scale is a framework in line with the Scrum Guide for scaling your scrum teams
for effectively coordinating them in order to achieve linear scalability. Complex problems can be addressed, while creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.
From Fortune 100 companies to start-ups, Scrum@Scale® transforms organizations into agile enterprises. The Scrum@Scale framework is the brainchild of Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum and the founder of Scrum Inc. Scrum@Scale enables the transformation of every division, department, and services in any organization and can efficiently coordinate an unlimited number of Scrum teams through its use of a ‘scale-free’ architecture. Scrum@Scale naturally extends the core Scrum framework to deliver hyper-productive results across industries and disciplines, including software, hardware, services, operations, and R&D.
In this 2-day training, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative. Rolling out Scrum in an organization demands a lot of skill and can, at first sight, look like a trivial challenge. However, once starting the journey to transform the organization there will be impediment after impediment that will challenge the implementation of Scrum. In order to use Scrum, using ‘The Art of the Possible’, you will need to be a skilled professional to take on this challenge.
Q: Is Scrum@Scale training right for me?
- Yes - if you are an agile coach, Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Yes - if you are interested in how to implement Scrum in your whole organization
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The responsibilities of the Product Owner, individual Scrum teams, and enterprise leadership in a variety of large-scale contexts
- To measure and improve key Scrum metrices at an enterprise level
- What the two cycles are: Scrum Master Cycle (the “how”) and the Product Owner Cycle (the “what”),
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Facilitating cross team collaboration
- Release planning with tens, hundreds or thousands of people
You will develop the skills to:
- Create and prioritize a transformation backlog to overcome impediments to scaling
- Deliver 5 times as much work without adding new teams
- Apply fundamental Scrum and lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative
Q: What else should I know?
- We expect you to have some prior training about Scrum, such as a two-day Certified Scrum Master Course or comparable real world experience implementing Scrum. Completion of a two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner course is encouraged but not required.
- Please, take note that you study the ‘Scrum Guide’ and the ‘Scrum@Scale Guide’ prior to this training
- You will receive additional course material on the first day of class, this material is in English. The material will be enhanced by more slides, videos and other pictures in case the trainer finds this useful during class
- After successfully completing this training, you are enrolled as a potential ‘Scrum@Scale Certified Practitioner’. To fulfill the certification process there will be an online exam after class
- The certification includes a two-year membership at Scrum@Scale, where additional material and information is available