Team Kanban Practitioner
Learn how to use Kanban to get the work of overwhelmed teams under control.
Kanban is a method for visualizing work flow to balance demand with capacity and spot bottlenecks. Learn how to use it to dynamically manage your software development process. This one-day training taught in Dutch or English provides the skills and knowledge you need to apply Kanban at a team level. Learn how to determine what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to take off the to-do list forever.
Q: Is Team Kanban Practitioner training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a knowledge worker looking for more control of unforeseen, ad-hoc work.
- Yes - if you are a team member seeking a more transparent, flow-based way of working.
- Yes- if you are an Agile worker looking to evolve your process.
- Yes - if you are interested in applying the Kanban method, regardless of title or experience.
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The Kanban method, principles and practices and how to apply them to your team
- How to design and implement a Kanban team board
- Visualizing basics; different work types and associated risk
- A variety of Kanban team board designs and styles
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Visualizing work for transparency and predictability
- Organizing processes and tasks using Kanban systems
- Balancing a team’s urgent and important tasks
- Maintaining a predictable workflow
- Operating a Kanban system
You will develop the skills to:
- Design and implement a basic Kanban board for your team
- Understand work item types
Q: What else should I know?
- Prior to the training, please read either:
- Kanban by David J. Anderson
- Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows
- Certificate of Completion awarded by Lean-Kanban University upon successful completion
- Earn a Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential certificate accompanied by the TKP Badge