Scrum Master Academy
The Scrum Master Academy provides all the practical tips, knowledge, experience, and tools you need to perform effectively as a Scrum master. Learn the real-world essentials you need to optimize Scrum from experienced professional Scrum trainers Evelien Roos and Jesse Houwing. You'll gain valuable insight to excel in this vital role from their many years of combined field experience.
The Scrum Master Academy meets one training day per month over the five-month program. You'll play an active role in a consistent Scrum master cohort of 12 participants (max), learning and practicing as a group. This is your opportunity to reflect, ask questions and share real-life cases in a safe, encouraging environment. Between training days, you’ll apply your new skills and complete homework assignments. Your trainers are available to answer questions over the entire five-month training period and beyond. Acquire the skills and knowledge you need to achieve optimal results with Scrum and gain a valuable network of Scrum professionals.
Q: Is theScrum Master Academy right for me?
- Yes- if you are a professional Scum master with a minimum of six months of experience in this role.
- Yes - if you have a solid knowledge of Scrum.
- Yes- if you have a desire to build and improve existing Scrum skills.
- Yes- if you are in a professional Scrum master position throughout the five-month training.
- Yes- if you have completed a CSM or PSM training and passed the exam.
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How to kickstart a new team
- Different leadership styles
- Different coaching techniques
- How your team can work smarter
- How tools and metrics can help your team
- How you can continue to learn and improve
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Organizing a team kickoff meeting
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Facilitating good retrospectives
- Working with metrics and different tools
- Using team building activities
You will develop the skills to:
- Influence and coach people
- Overcome resistance
- Facilitate efficient and effective meetings
- Form true Scrum teams
Q: What else should I know?
- All participants must have completed a CSM or PSM training and passed the exam.
- All participants must be a professional Scum master with a minimum of six months of experience.
- Day 1: Kickstarting your team
- team charter
- team building
- kickoff Activities
- Day 2: Coaching the Scrum Team
- understanding and changing behavior
- servant leadership and other leadership styles
- effective facilitation, moderation, and support
- Day 3: Work Smarter
- backlogs, refinement, and focus
- removing impediments
- coaching teams in a waterfall / non-Scrum organization
- Day 4: Inspect and Adapt
- transparency, tools, and metrics
- learning organization
- Day 5: Coaching the Organization
- high-performing teams: self-organizing and multifunctional
- supporting Agile adoption in your organization
- open: topics to be determined by the students
Upcoming program begins March 2018 and includes the following dates:
March 21, April 18, May 30, June 27 & September 12 (2018)
Current program began September 2017 and includes the following dates:
September 6, October 11, November 8, December 13 (2017) & January 25 (2018)