The Advanced Scrum Master Course
You will get a better understanding of the points that characterize an effective Scrum Master and how to be an effective servant-leader. The deep dive into your role as a Scrum Master will bring new insights in how you can serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner and organization. You will learn the related practices and skills to facilitate the right kind of conversations within your organization and how you can use it to become a better Scrum Master.
This training teaches you to coach Scrum teams to reach their full potential, even in challenging environments. The PSM II is an advanced, follow-up training course after the Professional Scrum Master (PSM I).
Is Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) training right for me?
- Yes - if you have 1 year (minimum) experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach
- Yes - if you have a solid knowledge of all aspects of Scrum
- Yes - if you have a desire to build and improve existing facilitation skills
- Yes - if you are interested in coaching Scrum teams to achieve their full potential
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Areas critical to grow as a successful Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams
- How to create an environment for agility to thrive
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Different ways of supporting Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Helping to change the environment to a more conducive one for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Overcoming practical issues as a Scrum Master through stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”) and resources from the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST)
You will develop the skills to:
- Identify, and effectively apply which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation
- Help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and agile
- Gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent
- Use Liberating Structures/ different facilitation techniques with your team
Professional Scrum Master II Certification:
- This training qualifies you to take the PSM II (level 2) assessment exam and entitles you to a 40% discount on the PSM III (level 3) assessment
- The exam and certification are provided by our partner, Scrum.org
- Do your exam within two weeks after the last training day and you will get a free second attempt from Scrum.org if you fail the exam
- Scrum.org maintains a public list of PSM I and PSM II credential holders, on which you will be mentioned
- Read more about our partnership with Scrum.org here
What else should I know?
Training schedule by language:
June 24 & 25, November 28 & 29 - 2019
September 19 & 20 - 2019
- It is recommended to have done the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) exam, but not required
- A 1 year (minimum) work experience as an agile team lead or scrum master
Move your Scrum Master role up from foundation to advanced. It's a pretty sweet deal: book the Professional Scrum Master I and II courses with certification by Scrum.org for only €3350. Read more about this offer here.