Are you new to Scrum? Or looking for ways to improve your Scrum development team?
This two-day training covers the basic mechanics of Scrum and introduces students to the essential elements required for mastering it: complexity, team-based collaboration, and self-organization. Learn how the Scrum framework improves product development directly from professional, certified Scrum trainers. Whether you’re new to Scrum or an old pro, this training will refresh your agile way of working. Get your team members on the same page, with Scrum terminology and concepts. Through an emphasis on practical application, the course exposes common missteps, increases the awareness of the associated symptoms, and provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track. The Professional Scrum Foundations courses are only taught by trainers who are Professional Scrum Trainers (PST), people who went through the extensive selection and certification process from Scrum.org.
Q: Is Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) training right for me?
- Yes - if you work with a development team, product owner, or Scrum master new to working with Scrum.
- Yes - if you are a development manager and/or stakeholder working with Scrum teams and want to improve your understanding the framework.
- Yes - if you are an individual designer, programmer, tester, or other specialist who works with or inside a Scrum development team.
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The mechanics and coherence of Scrum
- How to use visual information radiators
- How to identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions
- How to participate effectively in a Scrum team
- How to increase the effectiveness of Scrum in progress
You will develop the skills to:
- Collaborate more productively as a team member
- Apply Scrum to your product development
- Improve the way you deliver continuously
Q: What else should I know?
Certification: Professional Scrum Master
- The associated credential for this course is the Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I)
- The exam and certification are provided by our partner, Scrum.org
- This course prepares students to achieve the following credentials:
- Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I)
- Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II)
- Complete your exam within two weeks of the last training day and get a free, second attempt if you fail from Scrum.org.
These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated assessment. Upon successful completion of the training, participants are eligible to receive a password for the PSM I assessment and to receive a PSM II assessment password at a discounted price. Scrum.org maintains a public list of all certified PSM I and PSM II holders. For more information on certification call the Academy team at +31 (0)35 5381921 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about the partnership with Scrum.org here.