Kanban System Design (KMP I)
Do you want to know how to get started with Kanban, or how to improve your current Kanban system? This two-day foundations-level Kanban training class, certified by Lean Kanban University, provides the skills and knowledge you need to design a basic Kanban system. Taught in Dutch or English, this training includes simulations and exercises that teach you how to create a dynamic, predictable workflow.
Audience Profile: Kanban System Design (KMP I) Training
- managers, developers, and professionals who want to learn the fundamentals of the Kanban method.
Achievements Upon Completion
You will learn:
- how to design a Kanban system and initiate change with Kanban
- the basic Kanban concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- controlling work-in-progress (from push to pull)
- visualizing work (designing a card wall)
- measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- making policies explicit (classes of service)
- managing change and collaborative improvement
You will gain the skills to:
- identify and address bottlenecks
- work with shifting priorities
- manage multitasking and interrupt work
- prioritize importantly but non-time-critical work
- create flow in the work, the information required to do it and within the performing teams
Upon successful completion of this training, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Lean-Kanban University. This training satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional training completes the KMP status requirement.