Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
The Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training class is a two-day learning experience that fully immerses participants in Agile principles and practices, and the Scrum framework. Taught in English, this training provides you with the tools and knowledge you need to unleash the power of this popular Agile methodology in your organization. Upon successful completion of this training, you'll be able to take (and pass) the online exam to become a Certified Scrum Master.
Audience Profile: Certified Scrum Master Training
This training is a great fit for anyone new to Scrum or interested in acquiring a solid foundation in the Scrum framework. Scrum principles and practices apply to many fields, industries, and organizations; you don’t need to work specifically in IT to benefit from this powerful methodology.
You will benefit from the Certified Scrum Master training/CSM training if:
- you are new to Scrum and want to learn what it’s all about
- you work on Scrum teams or support Scrum teams
- you want to improve your organization's overall effectiveness
Achievements upon completion
In this highly interactive, two-day training, you will learn the practical skills needed to use Scrum effectively while gaining a solid knowledge and understanding of Agile and Scrum principles in action. You’ll leave the training with practical tips and tricks you can apply to work the next day.
You will learn:
- the Agile principles and mindset
- how to use the Scrum framework and delight your customer
- the three roles of Scrum and how they interact
- the purpose of Scrum meetings and how to run them effectively
- feedback loops in Scrum, and how to keep learning
- what product backlog creation and refinement implies
- how to organize product backlogs
- how to do Agile planning and estimation, short term, and long term
- how to kick start a Scrum team
- how to create high performing teams
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- writing user stories
- estimation and planning
- a sprint and all its aspects
- working on a Scrum team
You will develop the skills to:
- be an effective Scrum Master or team member
- coach your team to improve in Scrum
- solve common problems and pitfalls in your organization with Scrum
Certified Scrum Master Certification
In order to get certified, the first step is to actively participate during the full two days of training. After successful completion of the training, you will be invited to take the online exam. You will be well prepared to pass this exam and become a Certified Scrum Master. The exam and ScrumMaster certification are provided by our partner ScrumAlliance.