Certified Scrum Master (CSM) by Jeff Sutherland
Scrum principles and practices apply to many fields, industries, and organizations. You don’t need to work specifically in IT to benefit from this powerful methodology. This highly interactive, two-day training with Jeff Sutherland fully immerses you in Agile principles, practices and the Scrum framework so you can successfully fill the roles of Scrum Master or Scrum team member.
Q: Is Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training right for me?
- Yes - if you have a basic knowledge of Scrum.*
- Yes - if you work in a Scrum team or support Scrum teams.
- Yes - if you want to improve your organization's overall effectiveness.
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will know:
- The Agile principles and mindset
- How to use the Scrum framework and delight your customer
- The three roles of Scrum and how they interact
- The purpose of Scrum meetings and how to run them effectively
- Feedback loops in Scrum, and how to keep learning
- What product backlog creation and refinement implies
- How to organize product backlogs
- How to do agile planning and estimation; short term and long term
- How to kick start a Scrum team
- How to create high performing teams
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Writing user stories
- Estimation and planning
- All aspects of a Sprint
- Working on a Scrum team
You will develop the skills to:
- Effectively lead or participate as a Scrum master or team member
- Coach your team to improve in Scrum
- Solve common organizational problems and pitfalls with Scrum
Q: What else should I know?
- Basic understanding of Scrum (through independent reading, knowledge exchange with colleagues or completion of the Xebia Academy one-day Scrum Foundation training)
Certified Scrum Master Certification:
- Certified Scrum Master Certification available
- This training qualifies you to take an online exam for Scrum Master certification (two year membership)
- The exam and Scrum Master certification are provided by our partner, Scrum Alliance
Read more about the partnership with ScrumAlliance here.