Certified Scrum Master (CSM) by Jeff Sutherland
The Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training class by Jeff Sutherland is a two-day learning experience that fully immerses participants in agile principles and practices and the Scrum framework. Taught in English, this training provides you with the tools and knowledge you need to unleash the power of this popular agile methodology in your organization. Upon successful completion, you'll be able to take (and pass) the online exam to become a Certified Scrum Master and successfully fill the roles of Scrum master or Scrum team member.
An extremely organized training- well done! I felt my time was spent efficiently and pleasantly! Thank you both, Jeff and Nicole. - Program manager, Grandvision
Audience Profile: Certified Scrum Master
Scrum principles and practices apply to many fields, industries, and organizations. You don’t need to work specifically in IT to benefit from this powerful methodology.
You will benefit from Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training if:
- You have a basic knowledge of Scrum*
- You work in a Scrum team or support Scrum teams
- You want to improve your organization's overall effectiveness
Achievements Upon Completion
In this highly interactive, two-day training, you will learn the practical skills needed to use Scrum effectively while gaining a solid knowledge and understanding of agile and Scrum principles in action. You’ll leave the training with practical tips and tricks you can apply to work the next day.
- The agile principles and mindset
- How to use the Scrum framework and delight your customer
- The three roles of Scrum and how they interact
- The purpose of Scrum meetings and how to run them effectively
- Feedback loops in Scrum, and how to keep learning
- What product backlog creation and refinement implies
- How to organize product backlogs
- How to do agile planning and estimation; short term and long term
- How to kick start a Scrum team
- How to create high performing teams
Gain hands-on experience
- Write user stories
- Estimation and planning
- All aspects of a Sprint
- Work on a Scrum team
- Effectively lead or participate as a Scrum master or team member
- Coach your team to improve in Scrum
- Solve common organizational problems and pitfalls with Scrum
- Basic understanding of Scrum (through independent reading, knowledge exchange with colleagues or completion of the Xebia Academy one-day Scrum Foundation training)
Certified Scrum Master Certification
Upon successful completion of this Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training, you’ll be able to take (and pass) the online exam to become a Certified Scrum Master. The exam and Scrum Master certification are provided by our partner Scrum Alliance.