Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
It's ultimately up to the product owner to maximize the value of the work done to serve customers, users, and the organization. How well you meet the challenges, responsibilities and tasks of this crucial role determines failure or success. This two-day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) training (taught in Dutch or English) covers a product owner's role and accountability within an organization and the Scrum team. It also qualifies you to take the PSPO I (level 1) assessment exam. Explore the challenges Scrum implementations encounter worldwide and gain the skills and knowledge you need to excel in product ownership. Working in teams, you'll learn and apply Scrum principles through assignments, discussions, and hands-on exercises and return to work thinking in Scrum. Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors and maintains a defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Q: Is Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) training right for me?
- Yes- if you are involved in software development that uses the Scrum framework.
- Yes- if you are responsible for products from a business perspective.
- Yes- if you hold the highly accountable role of Scrum product owner.
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Agile product management
- The role of Scrum product owner
- Managing requirements, products, and releases
- Value-driven development
You will develop the skills to:
- Understand the mechanics of Scrum and how the product owner fits
- Act as a product owner for Scrum teams and stakeholders
- Increase the business agility of your organization
Q: What else should I know?
- The following class will be taught in Dutch:
March 12 & 13, April 19 & 20 and October 11 & 12, 2018
- The following class will be taught in English:
February 15 & 16, June 4 & 5 and December 3 & 4, 2018
- Study the Scrum Guide in advance (required)
- Pass the Scrum open assessment
- Possess a solid understanding of Scrum (have either worked on a Scrum team or completed the Professional Scrum Foundation training, or similar course)
- Prior participation in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Read any book on Scrum by Ken Schwaber
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) Certification
- This training qualifies you to take the PSPO I (level 1) assessment exam and entitles you to a discount on the PSPO II (level 2) assessment
- The exam and certification are provided by our partner Scrum.Org
- Do your exam within two weeks after the last training day and you will get a free second attempt from Scrum.org if you fail the exam.
- Scrum.org maintains a public list of PSPO I and PSPO II credential holders
- If you are interested in more information on certification, call the Academy team at +31 (0)35 5381921 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about the partnership with Scrum.org here.