The Product Management Academy is an incremental six-day study program that empowers product-focused professionals to put market-driven product creation principles into action. In this highly interactive training, taught in both English and Dutch, you'll gain the skills and knowledge you need to expertly manage products at any phase of your career. Each training provides valuable tools and practical techniques you can apply to work the next day. Learn to use agile principles to build the right products fast, the right way.
Q: Is Product Management Academy training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a product owner, product manager, or business manager.
- Yes - if you want to create products that your customers love.
- Yes - if you want a portfolio of products that ensures company success and survivability.
- Yes - if you want to rally stakeholders behind your customers’ journeys.
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Various techniques to scale the product management role
- How and why Scrum works
- How to apply an entrepreneurial mindset to create new products
- How to find product-market fit, without building the product
- How to apply actionable metrics to steer your product
- How to verify a product idea within a week
- How to align business and development projects
- How to manage a portfolio of products
- How to align products and strategy
- How to manage the lifecycle of your products
- How to create a DNA of continuous innovation in your company
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Acting in the product owner role
- Creating personas and Agile roadmaps
- Saying “No” to feature gluttony
- Convincing and commiting management and (external) customers
- Creating customer journey maps that convey customer pain
- Growth hacking techniques to grow your product based on usage feedback
You will develop the skills to:
- Write user stories, working with teams to determine what to build
- Estimate and plan with story maps
- Prioritize tasks and guide Agile teams towards more value
- Do sprint and release planning
- Ensure a maximum return on investment (ROI)
- Effectively prioritize based on business value
- Develop a product vision and capture it in a tangible way
- Create reliable roadmaps
- Work with result-driven contracts
- Manage and optimize a product development flow
- Do market-driven need discovery
- Create and align a product strategy
- Do agile portfolio planning
- Lead in an Agile environment
- Find opportunities in your market’s problems
- Applying lean startup techniques in an enterprise environment
- Discover new market problems
- Sell plans internally to successfully rally a team behind your goals. and build the most valuable things
Q: What else should I know?
- Scrum.org and ScrumAlliance Certified Product Owner training certifications are equivalent to Advanced Product Owner level and accepted as the entry prerequisite for the Product Manager Foundation Level.