You’ve mastered the principles of product ownership and nurtured your team to grow and thrive. Yet you still struggle sometimes with stakeholder contact and aligning them with the team. As a product owner or product manager, you know there’s more to explore, learn and achieve, and you’re ready to step up your game.
Strong product owners, real difference makers, people who leave their mark on the world of business, intentionally influence those around them. These leaders do things differently: they not only set goals but inspire and enable others. They guide organizations to sustainable success by shifting their focus from "doing" agile to "being” agile, creating a sense of purpose that binds their teams together.
This dynamic, one-day training focuses on the concepts of purpose, overcoming resistance, efficiency, communication and the difference between intent and behavior. These principles are at the core of Eastern martial arts philosophy and can be directly applied to modern agile business.
“To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.” – Bruce Lee
Is Product Leadership Development training right for me?
- Yes – if you are a (chief) product owner.
- Yes – if you are a product manager.
- Yes - if you want to achieve mastery in either of these roles with advanced techniques and insight into managing stakeholders, leading teams, dealing with difficult people and garnering unwavering support for your decisions.
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Your purpose as a product leader
- How you can add value to the development team, your organization and product
- How to adopt the most effective leadership style for your product and organization
- How to use your preferential leadership style
- The importance of stance, balance, leverage, courage and focus in Aikido and Judo, as applied to product leadership
- How to align stakeholders and the development team through shared goals
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with people who are not doing what you want
- Convincing people who function differently than you
- Saying NO
You will develop the skills to:
- Skillfully resolve conflicts with powerful stakeholders
- Understand others’ emotions, interests, and unmet needs
- Communicate more effectively so people follow your lead
- Create an inspiring vision
- Use different styles for different approaches
What else should I know?
- Training in Scrum product owner role
- Professional experience as a product owner or product manager
Participants will receive:
- A copy of the book "The Product Samurai: A Product Manager’s Guide to Continuous Innovation"*
- A digital course slides booklet*
- Course action plan*
* Printed material only available in English.