An introduction to human-centered design, this one-day Design Thinking Foundation training introduces you to the essentials you need to get started. Through a dynamic, hands-on design challenge, you will "learn by doing" as you gain the tools and knowledge you need to quickly find and define meaningful solutions for your end-users. Working in groups, you will build and receive feedback on a low-fi prototype, inspired and coached by an experienced Agile and design-thinking Xebia expert. Learn and experience the design thinking framework in one day, immersed in the world of human-centered design, fast iterations and rapid prototyping. Taught in Dutch or English, this training was created especially for those new to human-centered design, so no prior experience is required.
"Design Thinking changed my perspective and helped me understand how to create solutions that my customers need." - Scrum team member
Q: Is Design Thinking Foundation training right for me?
- Yes - if you are an entrepreneur, intrapreneur, innovator, executive, team member
- Yes - if you help others innovate
- Yes - if your role is product manager, product owner, Scrum master, business analyst, customer journey expert, UX expert, solution architect, sales, innovation, or marketing manager
- Yes - if you want to quickly find and test solutions that add value for your end-users
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How human- centered design works
- How to create innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions
You will gain hands-on experience in:
Implementing design thinking techniques, such as:
- Point-of view definitions
- Interview techniques
- Customer journey maps
- Creativity-enhancing techniques (e.g. brainstorming)
- Building a low-fidelity prototype
You will develop the skills to:
- Understand and explain the why, what and how of design thinking
- Develop empathy with your customers
- Design better solutions
- Get started with your first design-thinking experiment
- Understand your customers better