Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Of all the Scrum roles, the product owner's is the most difficult, and the most crucial. Unlike the team member or Scrum master, product owners must know how to prioritize focus and feature flow, enable Agile teams, balance all stakeholder needs and ensure a maximum return on investment (ROI). This dynamic, two-day training and certification exam taught only in English gives you the necessary skills and knowledge you need to excel as a Scrum product owner.
I liked that real business examples were used. It let me know that the trainer had actual experience and didn't just learn a process and then teach it. - Business Consultant, ING
Q: Is Certified Scrum Product Owner training right for me?
- Yes- if you are a product owner.
- Yes- if you are a product manager or line manager.
- Yes- if you want to maximize the benefits of Agile projects
- Yes- if you want to learn how to prioritize and interface with Agile teams (or improve these skills)
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How to describe, manage and prioritize stakeholders
- How to use techniques from Agile user-experience design, such as personas and customer development methods from lean startup
- How to prioritize new product development, maintenance, and non-software work
- How to blend Scrum with Kanban and other lean methods
- How to track and report outcomes
- Techniques that focus product and technology on the same outcomes
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working in accord with Scrum and Agile fundamentals from the product owner perspective
- Implementing lean startup techniques, such as the lean canvas
- Writing user stories and acceptance; test-driven methods to objectively express requirements
- Focusing development efforts to achieve business results
- Using advanced techniques like story mapping and visual management systems for programs
- Proven approaches, like the trainer's portfolio alignment wall and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
You will develop the skills to:
- Be an effective product owner
- Articulate a clear vision with measurable business objectives
- Express requirements as testable outcomes
- Plan releases and sprints
- Scale Scrum up to program levels
- Generate strong working relationships with development teams
Q: What else should I know?
- Certified Product Owner Certification
- Successful completion of this training qualifies you to register as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Registration includes a one-year membership with Scrum Alliance, with exclusive access to valuable material and information for CSPOs
Read more about the partnership with ScrumAlliance here.