Advanced Product Owner
The Advanced Product Owner (APO) is a 2-day training for experienced Product Owners that have followed a Foundation or Certified training in the past but want to take their role to the next level. Through this training's healthy mix of exercises, discussions and lectures, you'll learn all you need to go beyond how Scrum works and maximise your effectiveness. In this training we dive into topics like: "what are the best ways to prioritise my backlog?" and "how do I influence my stakeholder?"
Audience Profile: Advanced Product Owner Training
You will benefit from the Advanced Product Owner training if you are a practicing Product Owner or Agile Product Manager. The training is for those who have mastered the fundamentals of Scrum, Agile and are now looking to set a new level in entrepreneurship within the Product Owner role.
Achievements upon completion
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions, and hands-on exercises about:
- What Agile Product Management is
- How to scale the Product Owner role, without sacrificing Scrum values
- How business model innovation and product innovation can be combined
You'll have the skills to:
- Work with difficult stakeholders
- Articulate a clear vision with measurable business objectives
- Prioritise development using effective outside-in techniques
- Use techniques from Agile user-experience design, such as personas, and customer development methods from lean startup
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Product Owner Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team or through having taken part in a (Certified) Scrum Product Owner or similar course
All participants completing the Advanced Product Owner course receive a link to take the APO Assessment. Being certified demonstrates a designated level of knowledge in agile product management.