The Advanced CSPO is a two-day course which acts as the second step in the three-part Product Owner Path to CSP. It helps Product Owners who have already been practicing Scrum to take their art to the next level in a deeply interactive experience that is tuned to the particular organizational and personal needs of each class.
The course is structured so that each exercise has multiple benefits, acting both as an engaging exploration of a subject and as a model for facilitation itself. This allows students to experience a wide range of advanced tools that they can then use on their own following the course. Far from a dry lecture or recanting of well-worn theories, this training aims to deliver personalization and practicality in the most engaging manner possible.
Q: Is the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a CSPO and looking to advance your skills and toolset while addressing real-world issues that you’ve encountered.
- Yes - if you have at least one year of experience as a Product Owner
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
A focus on implementation: The A-CSPO training course is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of scrum values and agile techniques within your company and teams.
You will learn:
- How to work more effectively with external customers and users
- How to manage stakeholders and facilitate stakeholder discussion
- Enhanced ways to interact with the Scrum team and ScrumMaster
- Proven techniques to charter and launch new Scrum projects
- Product discovery/advanced product backlog management and item formulation
- The value of engineering practices and technical debt
- Techniques for product inception – from idea to backlog
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Improving your ability to effectively sell the role of the Product Owner in Scrum
- Assessing and advancing your expertise as a Product Owner
- Managing large groups of stakeholders with competing interests
- Exploring how to best engage with the broader organization
- Tuning the way Scrum events are run and facilitated
- Utilizing Kanban classes of service and other advanced prioritization methods to build pull systems
- Dealing elegantly with technical debt in evolving and legacy systems
- Understanding and using agile engineering practices and DevOps appropriately
- Grasping the host of available scaling methods
- Scaling while maintaining ownership and effective feedback loops
- Advanced methods for facilitating big room planning sessions
- Understanding and visualizing value streams
- Addressing waste through process and application redesign
- Exploring large scale case studies of business-driven agile transformations
- Advanced techniques for roadmapping and release planning
You will develop the skills to:
- Improve the PO’s relationship with the team
- Gain and spread empathy for customers and users
- Act as a PO or Chief PO in scaled environments
- Apply appropriate divergent brainstorming techniques
- Model user and customer archetypes and use them for design and prioritization
- Get the team engaged in usability testing
- Test assumptions using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Find and track effective metrics
- Refine the backlog more fluidly and easily
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (A-CSPO) Certification:
- The Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner certification is provided by our partner, Scrum Alliance, and comes with a two-year membership. Read more about the partnership with Scrum Alliance here.
- There is no exam after this training course
- The Trainer (CST) will register you for certification after you have fully participated in the 2-day training. Make sure that you have an active account with the Scrum Alliance and use that email address for registration.
- This certified educational offering follows the Scrum Alliance Path to CSP®. It goes beyond Scrum basics and the mechanics of Scrum product ownership. Topics covered include stakeholder management, product discovery, and advanced product backlog management
Q: What else should I know?
- Successful completion of the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training
- A valid 2-year Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification at Scrum Alliance. Or renew your certification before you start this course.
- Validate at least one year work experience (within the past five years) as a Product Owner. You can do this by logging your hours into your Scrum Alliance account. For more info read the FAQ
- In-depth knowledge of The Scrum Guide by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland