The Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ course follows the foundational CSPO® learning and a year of learning and professional practice. With this new role-specific educational program, you will learn specific tools and techniques so they can truly deliver the business value that matters.
Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace and your industry by earning the new A-CSPO certification from Scrum Alliance. This dynamic and interactive three-day course is part of a Scrum Alliance progressive course model offering a staged, two-year journey that allows participants to choose an educational track that improves core scrum knowledge, builds skill sets, and provides the necessary tools to evolve as an agile practitioner.
Q: Is the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a CSPO®
- Yes - if you have at least one year of learning and professional practice
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
A focus on implementation: The A-CSPO training course is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of scrum values and agile techniques within your company and teams.
You will learn:
- Working with stakeholders and users
- Managing stakeholders and facilitating stakeholder discussion
- Liftoff/Agile chartering
- Product discovery/advanced product backlog management and item formulation
- Value of engineering practices and technical debt
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Interacting with teams and stakeholders - the Product Owner as organisational leader
- Developing practical Product Strategies
- Advanced Roadmapping and Release Planning
- Learning techniques for product inception - from Idea to Backlog
- Defining Value
- Ordering of Backlog Items
- Handling Advanced Backlog Item Refinement
You will develop the skills to:
- Prioritize multiple business initiatives from competing stakeholders as well as prioritizing user stories, technical debt and other product backlog items
- Define a clear product vision that ensures your product remains focused on the features your customers and end users will actually use
- Build better products that delight customers using Scrum and Agile
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment
- Identify the crucial opportunities your team and business need to deliver now and avoid wasting time chasing down the latest shiny object
- Provide greater business value and increased productivity with good teamwork and adherence to Scrum values and Agile principles
- Define and validate business value
- Develop stakeholder buy-in through effective, focused meetings that encourage stakeholders to trust your decisions and judgment
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results
Q: What else should I know?
- Successful CSPO® training
- Followed by one year minimum of learning and professional practice as CSPO®
- Profound knowledge of The Scrum Guide by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (A-CSPO™) Certification:
- Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner certification (two-year membership)
- Successful completion of this training qualifies you to register as a Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO).
- The Scrum Product Owner certification is provided by our partner Scrum Alliance.
- This certified educational offering follows the Scrum Alliance Path to CSP®. It goes beyond scrum basics and mechanics of scrum product ownership, expanding into managing stakeholders, product discovery, and advanced product backlog management.
Read more about the partnership with Scrum Alliance here.