Get the specific training you need to deliver the business value that matters with the new Scrum Alliance progressive course model.
In this staged, two-year, role-specific program, you choose the educational track that fits your career journey. Improve your core Scrum knowledge, build on your skill sets and gain the advanced tools and techniques you need to evolve as an agile practitioner.
As part of the CSPO® training track, the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ course builds on your foundational training, following a year of professional practice. In this dynamic and interactive three-day course, you will gain the advanced knowledge and skills you need to implement Scrum values and agile techniques within your company and teams. Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace and your industry with this new A-CSPO certification from Scrum Alliance.
Q: Is the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a CSPO
- Yes - and if you have at least one year of experience as a Product Owner
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
A focus on implementation: The A-CSPO training course is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of scrum values and agile techniques within your company and teams.
You will learn:
- How to work with stakeholders and users
- How to manage stakeholders and facilitate stakeholder discussion
- Liftoff/Agile chartering
- Product discovery/advanced product backlog management and item formulation
- The value of engineering practices and technical debt
- Techniques for product inception – from idea to backlog
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Developing practical product strategies
- Advanced road mapping and release planning
- Defining value
- Arranging and prioritizing backlog items
- Handling advanced backlog item refinement
You will develop the skills to:
- Interact with teams and stakeholders in a synonymous product owner/organizational leader capacity
- Prioritize multiple business initiatives from competing stakeholders
- Prioritize user stories, technical debt, and other product backlog items
- Define a clear product vision that ensures your product remains focused on the features your customers and end users will actually use
- Build better products that delight customers using Scrum and agile
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment
- Identify the crucial opportunities your team and business needs to deliver now
- Provide greater business value and increased productivity with good teamwork and adherence to Scrum values and agile principles
- Define and validate business value
- Develop stakeholder buy-in through effective, focused meetings that encourage them to trust your decisions and judgment
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (A-CSPO) Certification:
Successful completion of this training qualifies you to register as an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO).
- The Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner certification is provided by our partner, Scrum Alliance, and comes with a two-year membership. Read more about the partnership with Scrum Alliance here.
- This certified educational offering follows the Scrum Alliance Path to CSP®. It goes beyond Scrum basics and the mechanics of Scrum product ownership. Topics covered include stakeholder management, product discovery, and advanced product backlog management
Q: What else should I know?
- Successful completion of Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training
- One year (minimum) work experience and professional practice as a Product Owner
- A valid 2-year Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification at Scrum Alliance. Or renew your certification before you start this course
- In-depth knowledge of The Scrum Guide by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland