This training is the foundation course for developers who are planning to build and design applications on top of MongoDB. It covers data modeling, queries and insert/update/deletes, an introduction to map/reduce and basic administration. The training alternates between instructional sessions and hands-on labs.
Day 1 - Developer Training Part I
1. MongoDB Introduction
- What is MongoDB and Why?
- Core concepts
- Different deployment models
2. CRUD and the MongoDB shell
- Introduction to the MongoDB API and the core concepts of documents and collections
3. Indexing and Schema Design
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Some schema design case studies
- Practice modeling various domains
- Schemas for atomic operations
Day 2 - Developer Training Part II
- How the drivers work in general
- Driver APIs with examples
- Overview of replication
- Setting up replica sets
- Overview of sharding
- How sharding affects application design
7. Performance Troubleshooting
- Getting information about MongoDB
- Performance indicators
8. Additional topics as time/interest permits
- GeoSpatial Indexes
Q & A and Hands-on work.
This training is appropriate for developers who will be writing, maintaining or optimizing MongoDB jobs.
Participants should have programming experience, preferably with Java. Understanding of algorithms and other computer science topics is a plus.
Chris is a European Solution Architect at 10gen, the creators of mongoDB.